Home | Contact Us | Sitemap
Resorts in Goa,Goa Resorts, Goa Beach Resorts in India

Go Goa Resorts

is Goa's Premier Portal offering services related to :

  • Resorts in Goa,
  • Hotels in Goa,
  • Car Hire in Goa,
  • Honeymoon Packages in Goa,
  • Conferences and Groups in Goa,
  • Weddings in Goa,
  • Medical Tourism in Goa, and
  • Other Tourism aspects related to Goa.

Besides the above this website will also give you information on sightseeing, excursions and other aspects related to Goa.
Resorts in Goa,Goa Resorts, Goa Beach Resorts in India

Goa Churches

Churches in Goa, across the Goan countryside, the white washed facade of the village churches in Goa is a well-known landmark amidst the greenery of coconut plantations and paddy fields. The Churches in Goar have magnificent edifices and are largely a legacy of 450 years of Portuguese colonization.

Most of these churches in Goa were built by European monastic orders, such as the Theatines Church in Goa, Augustines Church in Goa, Franciscans  and Jesuits Church in Goa, in the Renaissance, Baroque, Iberian and the lesser-known Manueline architectural styles.

Both in inspiration and design, churches in Goa are the spiritual centers of the village or town they stand in and play an important role in Goa, Social, cultural and religious life. Most if the Churches in Goa are centuries old, but still function even today. Many of these churches are also protected heritage sites and house exquisite works of Christian art in Goa.

Every church in Goa celebrates a feast dedicated to its patron saint once a year. These village feasts are celebrated by colorfully dressed villagers with a festive mass in church, a procession of the saint, music by the village band and foot that is an epicureans delight in Goa.

The most famous churches in Goa are at Old Goa church, a UNESCO designated World Heritage site near Panaji. It has the Se Cathedral convent of Santa Monica and the Bom Jesus Basilica, which houses the holy relics of St Francis Xavier, the Patron saint of Goa. Other well-known churches in Goa are the mary immaculate Conception Church (Panaji), the St Ana Church (Talaulim), Church of Our Lady of Miracles (Mapusa), Goa and Mae de Deus Church (Saligao).


Mary Immaculate Conception Church, Panjim Mary Immaculate Conception Church, Panjim
Complete with tiny electric bulbs, the entire Church is lit up in the eeriness of the night The locals celebrate the Feast of Our Lady Of Fatima which is usually celebrated at the end of May(acc. to the Church calendar). The reason being that a beautiful image of Our Lady Of Fatima is placed on the
Basilica of Bom Jesus, Old Goa Basilica of Bom Jesus, Old Goa
Visitors from India and overseas flock to the Basilica of Bom Jesus in Old Goa, built in 1605, and now declared a World Heritage Monument. The church houses the sacred relics of St. Francis Xavier, patron saint of Goa, who died while on a sea voyage to China on December 2,1552. The following year, w
Reis Magos Church Reis Magos Church
Also known as Church of the Three Magi Kings, built in AD 1555, was once a mission center of the Franciscan Order of Monks. One of the first of its kind in Bardez taluka, this it is dedictated to the 3 magi kings-Gasper, Baltazar and Melchior.The feast day is celebrated on Jan 6th at the Reis Magos
Se Cathedral Se Cathedral
The Se Cathedral nearby is dedicated to St. Catherine, as it was on her feast day, 25th November 1510 that Alfonso de Albuquerque conquered Goa. Believers are awe-struck to hear of the Cross of Miracles, which is placed in the cathedral, its earlier church having been destroyed. People have had a vi
Church of St Francis of Assisi Church of St Francis of Assisi
Just like Se Cathedral, facing west stands Church and Convent of St. Francis of Assisi built in 1521. The church joins Se Cathedral at the convent. The church and convent were built by Franciscan friars, the first group that came to Goa in 1517. Back then it was a chapel.
Church of St. Francis Xavier Church of St. Francis Xavier
Behind the gate of St. Paul's college is a Kuchcha road branching off the main road, leading to the chapel of St. Francis Xavier. It is built of laterite plastered with lime mortar; with tiled roof supported by wooden rafters is a plain chapel with only one altar.
Church of St Paul Church of St Paul
By the year 1827 the College and the Church were already in a pretty devastated state. This was finally completely demolished in 1829 by the Government except for the façade and the material was taken to Panjim to be utilized for new constructions
Chapel of Our Lady of the Mount Chapel of Our Lady of the Mount
On a hill, to the East of Old City of Goa, commanding a picturesque view of the City of Goa and its surrounding villages, there stands a chapel of Our Lady of the Mount, so called because it stands on a Mount and thus was called Capela da Nossa Senhora do Monte.
Church of the Carmelites Church of the Carmelites
Nothing remains of the Church of the Carmelites excepting the façade and a raised pavement, which served as an altar
Chapel of St. Catherine Chapel of St. Catherine
The road leads to a hill on which, commanding a picturesque view, is the Chapel of Our Lady of the Mount. A series of steps leads to the Chapel, which is built of laterite plastered with lime mortar
Church Of St. Monica Church Of St. Monica
In the Holy Hill, on the way to the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary, is a huge three-storied building of laterite which was originally lime-plastered but is now plastered with cement.
Royal Chapel Of St. Anthony Royal Chapel Of St. Anthony
To the west of St. Augustine Church is the Royal Chapel of St Anthony dedicated to Portugal saints that was built in the early 16th century. Every year the Chapel received money from the army. In 1835, the church was closed as it was closed down as it was thought of as a useless expense.
Church Of St. Cajetan Church Of St. Cajetan
This church, which is said to have been modeled on the original design of the Basilica of St.Peter in Rome, is architecturally Corinthian both externally and internally while the gilded altars with rich carvings are in rich Baroque style.
Church Of The Cross Of Miracle Church Of The Cross Of Miracle
On the southern outskirts of Old Goa is a hill on which stand this convent and church. Built of laterite, plastered with lime mortar, the plain looking church and the single storied convent with numerous cells are now in ruins.
Lady Of The Mount Lady Of The Mount
The road leads to a hill on which, commanding a picturesque view, is the Chapel of Our Lady of the Mount. A series of steps leads to the Chapel, which is built of laterite plastered with lime mortar.
Reis Magos Church Reis Magos Church
The small hamlet of Reis Magos lies on banks of the Mondovi river and is home to two famous landmarks of Goa - the Reis Magos fort and the Reis Magos Church. It is also one of only three places in Goa, where the unique Feast of the Three Wise Men is held.
Church of Mary Immaculate Conception Church of Mary Immaculate Conception
The church was one of the first to be built in Goa, certainly being there by 1541. The early church was completely re-built from its foundations in 1619 and this was even considered, taking accountof the still negligible population of the area and the size of the new church, is a striking commen
Church of St. Anne Church of St. Anne
Of all the churches in Goa, the most ostentious and notable for its excellent architecture is that of St Anne. It was reconstructed by Mons Francisco do Rego with his own funds and with the contributions of some villagers.
Church of  Holy Spirit Church of Holy Spirit
The Church of the Holy sprit was once such building which was first constructed in 1564 by the Jesuit missionaries. It was destroyed following the Muslim invasion of the Salcette in 1571, and construction was begun again only after the area had been firmly secured and funds rose.
Church Of Mae De Deus Church Of Mae De Deus
Its overwhelming beauty is because of its doom shape. The Church is perfect example of Gothic architecture. There are 2 lofty bells inside the Church tower. The unique church houses a miraculous statue of Mae De Deus (Mother of God), which was brought from the convent of Mae De Deus at Old Goa.
Church of Our Lady Of Rosary Church of Our Lady Of Rosary
In Velha Goa or Old Goa, crowning a hill, which was known as the Holy hill, is one of the earliest churches, the Church of Our Lady of Rosary.
Church of St Augustine Church of St Augustine
The Church of St Augustine was constructed by the joint efforts of 12 Augustine Friars after they arrived at Goa on 3rd September 1572 AD. They built the church on the Holy Hill at Old Goa.
Church of St Alex Church of St Alex
Nine kilometer from Margao, the Church of St. Alex is one of the oldest churches in Goa, built in 1597.
Church Of St Anne Church Of St Anne
The Church of St. Anne, at Talaulin Iltias, affectionately called Santana by the people, is dedicated to the Mother of Mary. It is situated on the right bank of the Siridao River.
Rachol Seminary Rachol Seminary
The Rachol Seminary in South Goa has a chequered past. Originally a Muslim fortress, it was first converted by the Portuguese into a church and later into a prison.
Church of Nossa Senhora De Monte Church of Nossa Senhora De Monte
Afonso de Albuquerque ordered this church to be built in 1519 at the vantage point atop the hill from where Adil Shah beat back the Portuguese on May 23, 1510.
Convent and the Church of the St. John of God Convent and the Church of the St. John of God
Positioned to the east of the tower of St. Augustine it is a simple looking building constructed in the commencement of the 18th century.
Church of Our Lady of Miracles Milagres Church of Our Lady of Miracles Milagres
This church is located about 2 Kms east of the main Mapusa bazaar. It was constructed in 1594.It was almost destroyed in a fire set off by the retreating Portuguese forces in 1961 and was renovated soon after.
Church of Our Lady of the Rock of France Church of Our Lady of the Rock of France
This church is located at Brittona on the banks of the Mondovi River opposite the capital city of Panaji in Bardez taluka. It was built by grateful seamen who believed that Our Lady has miraculously saved them from the Plague.
Chapel of St Sebastian Chapel of St Sebastian
Built in the 1880s, the Church of St Sebastian is known for its crucifix of Christ, which shows Christ with his eyes open.
Chapel of St. Jerome Chapel of St. Jerome
On the top of the hillocks at Madel, the Chapel of St. Jerome is situated. This Chapel has been constructed on an elevated ground with its entrance towards the South
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church
The Church 'Our Lady of Mount Carmel' serves the religious interests of all the Catholics in the area.
Our Lady of Mercy Our Lady of Mercy
Located in the beach town of Colva, this church was founded in 1630.
Swiss Chapel Swiss Chapel
Located quiet close to the Municipal Building on the Jerome Road, this chapel has a charming cream and blue colored wooden altar and shrine.
Church Of St Andrew Church Of St Andrew
This famous church of Goa Velha was originally built in 1583 but was abandoned for fear of its collapse. The present church, named after the Patron St. Andrew, the Apostle, was built in 1868 in a different place at the same village.
Mae de Deus Church Mae de Deus Church
Founded in 1588 by the Jesuits, the Church of Majorda was made a parochial church between 1595 and 1646. The church was rebuilt in 1739.
Nossa Senhora do Amparo Church Nossa Senhora do Amparo Church
Originally a chapel dependent on the parish of Arossim, the church was built in 1710. It became a parish by the decree issued on 1.2.1717.
Sao Jeronimo Church Sao Jeronimo Church
The Parish Church was founded by the Franciscans in 1594 and dedicated to St. Jerome. It was rebuilt in 1674. The church is popularly known as the Church of Our Lady of Miracles whose feast is celebrated on Monday after the Second Sunday of Easter.
Sgrada Familia Church Sgrada Familia Church
The Parish Church was founded by the Franciscans in 1594 and dedicated to St. Jerome. It was rebuilt in 1674. The church is popularly known as the Church of Our Lady of Miracles whose feast is celebrated on Monday after the Second Sunday of Easter.
Nossa Senhora da Piedade church Nossa Senhora da Piedade church
The foundation of the original Chapel was laid on 8.9.1866 and blessed on 6.2.1868 and erected by provision of 20.7.1870. It was made a military chapel by decree issued on 14.12.1880.
Espirito Santo Church Espirito Santo Church
The earliest church in Margao was founded by the Jesuits in 1564. This church was destroyed by fire in 1571. The second built in 1571, was also destroyed eight years later and the third also was short lived.
The Church of Nossa Senhora da Graca The Church of Nossa Senhora da Graca
Originally a chapel, called the “ Capela de Batalhao”, Chapel of the Battalion. Its construction began on 6.1.1812 and the first Mass was offered there on 3.5.1812.
Nossa Senhora das Merces Church Nossa Senhora das Merces Church
The original chapel was founded before 1600 and it became a parish in 1613, after separation from the parish of Santa Cruz.
Nossa Senhora da Imaculada Conceicao Church Nossa Senhora da Imaculada Conceicao Church
Built around 1619, the church was under Mapusa until 1636 when it became a parish. The front was rebuilt in 1800, the chancel in 1814 and the body of the church in 1832.
Nossa Senhora dos Milagres Church Nossa Senhora dos Milagres Church
he original chapel was built in 1857 and repaired in 1902 in preparation for its becoming an independent parish on 30.3.1903. Formerly it was affiliated to Arambol parish. The church was rebuilt in 1973 and a new hall was added.
Sao Francisco Xavier Church Sao Francisco Xavier Church
Originally a chapel was built here, its foundations were laid on 3.12.1908 and blessed on 26.1.1910. It was dependent on the church of Vasco da Gama.
The Church Of Bom Jesus The Church Of Bom Jesus
This church founded by the Franciscans was built by the villagers in 1676 and was opened for service on 26.7.1676. The cemetery was enlarged in 1998.
Santissima Trinidade Church Santissima Trinidade Church
The Church of Nagoa was founded in 1560 by the Franciscans. This church came to be called Matriz (Mother) for its jurisdiction extended over five villages of Parra, Anjuna, Assagao, Siolim, Oxel and Saligao which subsequently were raised to the status of independent parishes.
Nossa Senhora do Bom Sucesso Church Nossa Senhora do Bom Sucesso Church
At first there was a chapel built at Nagoa in 1755 and it was originally dedicated to Our Lady of Succour.
Nossa Senhora do Rosario Church Nossa Senhora do Rosario Church
The Church of Navelim was founded in 1597 by a French Jesuit. It was ransacked in the Maratha incursions of 1717 and 1739.
 Nossa Senhora dos Remedios Church Nossa Senhora dos Remedios Church
The Church of Nerul was founded by the Franciscans in 1569. It was attacked thrice by the Marathas.
Sao Joao Evangelista Church Sao Joao Evangelista Church
The Church of Neura was built in 1541. First it was under the Jesuits, then a century later under the Augustinians who opened a Seminary in 1622 dedicated to St. John the Evangelist.
Mae dos Pobros Church Mae dos Pobros Church
Originally there was a Chapel at Nuvem dedicated to Jesus, Mary and Joseph in 1695.
Santa Ana/Santana Church Santa Ana/Santana Church
Originally a Chapel was erected at Olaulim on 13.7.1752. It was rebuilt in 1917.
Santa Catarina de Alexandria Church Santa Catarina de Alexandria Church
The Cathedral of Goa originated from a little chapel dedicated to St. Catherine built in 1510 and enlarged in 1511. A new church was completed in 1531.
Sao Miguel, Arcanjo Church Sao Miguel, Arcanjo Church
The Church of Orlim was founded by the Jesuits and blessed on 8.5.1568. It was destroyed by fire in1582 and was rebuilt in 1590.
Nossa Senhora do Mar Church Nossa Senhora do Mar Church
Oxel in the beginning belonged to Nagoa, then to Siolim Marna rectorate. The Church and the residence of the parish priest were built in 1661.
Santo Antonio Church Santo Antonio Church
Originally there was a Chapel at Panchwadi, erected by provision dated 13.4.1888
Imaculada Conceicao Church Imaculada Conceicao Church
Panjim was erected into a parish in 1600. The original chapel founded before 1541 was rebuilt in 1619.
Nossa Senhora da Penha de Franca Church Nossa Senhora da Penha de Franca Church
The Church of Our Lady of Penha de Franca was built by the Franciscans in the village of Virlasa in 1626.
Sao Jose Church Sao Jose Church
In the beginning a Chapel was built, whose foundation was laid on 22.10.1851 and blessed on 29.12.1852.
Sao Joao Baptista Church Sao Joao Baptista Church
Originally there was a small Chapel at Pilerne built in 1658. Erected into a parish, it was rebuilt twice by the Franciscan Friars.
Nossa Senhora dos Enfermos Church Nossa Senhora dos Enfermos Church
The Chapel of Quelossim was founded in 1724 and rebuilt in 1901. It was filial to the church of Cortalim, from which it was delinked and erected into a parochial church by provision of 15.4.1944.
Santa Cruz Church Santa Cruz Church
The Chapel of Quepem was founded in 1855. It was filial to the church of Paroda. It was made of parish by provision of 5.2.1833. Some repairs were carried out in 1889.
Nossa Senhora das Neves Church Nossa Senhora das Neves Church
The church of Our Lady of Snows of Rachol, founded in 1576, was the first one in Salcete. It can thus be called the Mother Church of the whole of Salcete.
Nossa Senhora da Victoria Church Nossa Senhora da Victoria Church
The Church of Revora was built in 1653. It was rebuilt twice, first in 1675 and the second time before 1712.
Nossa Senhora da Ajuda Nossa Senhora da Ajuda
The Church of Our Lady of Help was erected by Portuguese sailors in thanksgiving for surviving shipwreck. The Church was already a parish before 1565.
Nossa Senhora do Rosairo Nossa Senhora do Rosairo
The foundation of the original Chapel of Rivona was laid on 20.4.1889. The Chapel was blessed on 7.5.1890.
Nossa Senhora, Mae de Deus Church Nossa Senhora, Mae de Deus Church
Originally Saligao was a chaplaincy of the parish of Nagoa. The chapel was raised to the status of parochial church in 1873. The Church was blessed on 26.11.1873.
Salvador do Mundo Church Salvador do Mundo Church
The Church was founded in 1565 in Serula, the largest village in Bardez later divided into three different parishes, Salvador de Mundo, Penha da Franca and Socorro.
Nossa Senhora da Saude Church Nossa Senhora da Saude Church
The first Church of Sncoale was founded in 1606 and dedicated to Our Lady of Health. It caught fire in 1834.
Sao Joao da Cruz Church Sao Joao da Cruz Church
Initially there was a Chapel founded in 1826 and affiliated to the Church of Bicholim from which it was separated and erected into an independent parochial church on 11.12.1827.
Santa Inez Church Santa Inez Church
Santa Inez initially has a small chapel built in 1584. It was rebuilt in 1605 and one year later it was raised to the rank of a parish by provision dated 27.11.1606.
Santo Estevao Church Santo Estevao Church
The Church of Santo Estevao was built in 1575 and had to be rebuilt twice in 1683 and 1739 after being destroyed in the Maratha attacks
Anjo Custodio Church Anjo Custodio Church
The construction of the original Chapel of Sanvordem was commenced on 5.9.1885, completed n 2.1.1887 and the Chapel was blessed on 27.4.1887.
Sao Bartolomeu Church Sao Bartolomeu Church
Founded by the Jesuits in 1569, the Church was handed over to the Diocesan Clergy before 1642.
Sao Bras Church Sao Bras Church
Situated in the village of Gandaulim, it was originally a small chapel founded before 1541 and elevated to a Parish Church before 1563.
Sao Jacinto Church Sao Jacinto Church
Originally a Chapel was founded on this island called “Ilha do Secretariado” before 1731.
Sao Jose de Areal church Sao Jose de Areal church
Originally this was a chapel filial to the Church of Curtorim. It was later rebuilt. S.Jose de Areal was raised to the status of a parish by provision of 26.9.1826.
Sao Matias Church Sao Matias Church
The Church of Sao Matias was built between 1590 and 1597. The present church may be an extension of the ancient chapel dedicated to St. Anthony. This chapel is now joined to the church by an arch.
Sao Pedro Church Sao Pedro Church
This is a very old church erected about the year 1543, as one of the eight parish churches of the old City of Goa, besides the Cathedral Parish
Nessa Senhora da Assuncao Church Nessa Senhora da Assuncao Church
Originally a chapel under the Chinchinim parish, it was rebuilt on 11.9.1848. Sarzora became a new parish by order of 15.8.1975.
Nossa Senhora do Pilar Church Nossa Senhora do Pilar Church
This Church was built in 1630 by the villagers of Seraulim and Duncolim. It was raised to a parochial Church by order of 28.5.1635.
Sao Lourenco Church Sao Lourenco Church
The Church of Sinquerim, was built by the Count of Linhares in 1630, on a hill very close to the Fort of Aguada for the soldiers of the Fort. It was handed over to the Franciscans in 1636.
Nossa Senhora dos Milagress Church Nossa Senhora dos Milagress Church
Originally the Sirsaim Chapel was filial to the Church of Tivim, It was built in 1855 by the Communidade of Sirsaim and its façade was rebuilt in 1872.
Nosso Senhora do Socorro Church Nosso Senhora do Socorro Church
This is the third rectorate the Franciscans established within the confines of the original parish of Serula in 1667. The Church was rebuilt in 1763 by the Gaunkars.
Nossa Senhora, Mae dos Pobres Church Nossa Senhora, Mae dos Pobres Church
In the beginning, Tila-Mola belonged to the Parish of Zambaulim which does not exist now. Then it passed on to the Parish of Sanguem.
Sao Cristovao Church Sao Cristovao Church
The Church of Tivim was built in 1623 by the villagers of Tivim, Sirsaim and Assonora. The primitive church was destroyed by the invading forces of Sambhaji and it had to be rebuilt around 1685.
Sao Roque Church Sao Roque Church
Originally a chapel affiliated to the parish Church of Velim, it was built in 1883 and erected on 18.6.1885.
Sao Sebastiao Church Sao Sebastiao Church
The original chapel was situated at Alorna and it was dedicated to St. Francis of Assisi.
Nossa Senhora, Consolacao dos Perseguidos Church Nossa Senhora, Consolacao dos Perseguidos Church
Originally a chapel dependent on the parish of Siolim, the construction of this chapel was authorized through a dispatch dated 8.5.1762. The chapel was blessed on 17.6.1762.
Santa Isable de Portugal Church Santa Isable de Portugal Church
This Rectorate was dedicated to St. Elizabeth, Queen of Portugal. It was founded either in 1621 or 1624
Sagrado Coracao de Jesus Church Sagrado Coracao de Jesus Church
Originally there was a chapel at Kurdi which was relocated to Vaddem. This chapel was affiliated to the Parish of Sanguem.
Santo Cristo Church Santo Cristo Church
Originally a chapel built in remote times, it was repaired in 1879. It was separated from the parish of Naroa, on which it depended and erected into an independent parish in 1956.
Nossa Senhora da Gloria Church Nossa Senhora da Gloria Church
Founded by the Jesuits, the church was erected into a parish on 28.5.1635. The church was rebuilt, its foundation stone was laid on 15.12.1700.
Santo Andre Church Santo Andre Church
This church was founded by the Jesuits in 1570 and on 5th April of the same year the first Mass was celebrated with great pomp.
Nossa Senhora Assunta Church Nossa Senhora Assunta Church
The Church of Velsao was built in 1634 and erected into a parochial church by the dispatch dated 28.5.1635.
Nossa Senhora do Socorro Church Nossa Senhora do Socorro Church
Erected in 1607, the parish church of Carmona was originally part of the Jesuits Novitiate House which existed there at that time.
Nossa Senhora de Belem Church Nossa Senhora de Belem Church
The Church of Chandor was built in 1645. The frontpiece collapsed on 14.8.1949 It was reconstructed in Neo-Gothic style, but the nave and sanctuary of the church retain their Mannerist character.
Nossa Senhora da Esperanca Church Nossa Senhora da Esperanca Church
The Church of Chinchinim was founded by the Jesuits and was completed in 1590. It was renovated and blessed on 30.4.1888.
N. Senhora, Auxilio dos Cristaos Church N. Senhora, Auxilio dos Cristaos Church
Originally there was a chapel built at Chiplem and blessed on 18.6.1940. It was detached from the mother church of Galgibaga and raised to a new parish in 1967.
Nossa Senhora das Merces Nossa Senhora das Merces
Built in 1630, the original Chapel founded by the Jesuits was erected into a parochial church on 28.5.1635 along with the churches of Seraulim and Betalbatim.
Sao Francisco de Assis Church Sao Francisco de Assis Church
The Church of Colvale was founded by Franciscans in 1591 and dedicated to ‘the wounds of St.Francis of Assisi’.
Sao Joao Facundo Church Sao Joao Facundo Church
The Church of Corlim was founded between 1595 and 1610. The side chapel and the sanctuary were built in 1702. St. John Facundo was an Augustinian monk.
Ss. Filipe & Tiago Church Ss. Filipe & Tiago Church
The Church of Cortalim was built around 1566 on the ground donated by the gaunkars to the Jesuit college of St. Paul and was dedicated to the Apostles St. Philip and St. James.
Nossa Senhora de Fatima Church Nossa Senhora de Fatima Church
Originally the Chapel of Cotta Fatorpa was dependent on the parish of Cuncolim, with a resident chaplain from 1.6.1954. The patron of the erstwhile chapel is given as the Holy Cross. It became a parish in 1959.
Nossa Senhora da Fuga Church Nossa Senhora da Fuga Church
Erected in remote times, the Chapel of Cunchelim had a new provision of erection on 20.12.1847.
Santo Aleixo Church Santo Aleixo Church
This church was built in 1597 and rebuilt in 1647. St.Alex was declared the titular saint of the church by th Apostolic Brief of 13.1.1815.
Nossa Senhora do Desterro Church Nossa Senhora do Desterro Church
A primitive chapel, built in 1672, gave way to the present church building in November 1885. Desterro was erected into a Parish in January 1997, after being delinked from St.Andrew’s Parish, Vasco da Gama.
Santo Antonio de Lisboa Church Santo Antonio de Lisboa Church
The original chapel, filial to the Mission of Sivansor, (N. Kanara) was built in 1807. It was raised to the rank of a parish church on 3.4.1824. The church was repaired in 1878.
Nossa Senhora da Graca Church Nossa Senhora da Graca Church
The original Chapel of Graca was a military chapel built in 1559. It was demolished in 1855 and rebuilt in another place in Maddel.
Sao Diogo Church Sao Diogo Church
The Church was founded in 1604 and covered the villages of Guirim, Sangolda and the valley of Porvorim. The work of renewal was undertaken around about 1675.
Santa Rita de Cassia Church Santa Rita de Cassia Church
Originally dependent on Curtorim church, the Chapel was built in 1782 and erected by provision of 8.6.1783. The Chapel was elevated to a Parish church in 1960.

© 2004-2011 All rights reserved. Best Goa Deals. | Sitemap